My mission is to help people believe in themselves and create more fulfilling, balanced, and happier lives. I have over 25 years of experience helping people through marital problems, depression, anxiety, and difficult relationships.
Nancy Hurst, Ph.D., is a Registered Psychologist with over 25 years of counselling experience.
I have extensive experience helping adults become happier and healthier. Often experiences in our lives have left us feeling insecure and doubting ourselves. Creating a happier life is about letting go of limiting beliefs and learning to trust and believe in yourself. This involves taking small steps forward which fortifies your resilience and builds self confidence. In time anxiety decreases, relationships improve and you experience more peace and joy.
I am warm, gentle, but straightforward. I am adept at listening to your story, seeing hindering behaviour and thought patterns and helping you change. I can see your strengths even when you don't, and support you in learning to trust yourself. Through counselling you learn to integrate your mind and your heart so you can live in coherence and peace.
- 2008–present, Registered Psychologist, Private Practice
- 1999–2008, Registered Psychologist, Cornerstone Counselling Centre, Edmonton
- 1991–2001, Registered Psychologist, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton
- 1998, Ph.D. Counselling Psychology, University of Alberta
- 1992, M.Ed. Counselling Psychology, University of Alberta
- 1987, B.A. Psychology, University of Alberta
Compassionate Counselling is affiliated with and is happy to recommend therapists profiled here.