Employee Assistance Programs
We help companies keep their employees happy and healthy
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
We work with you to develop a program that is designed to meet the unique needs of your company:
- We offer high quality, confidential counselling services to employees and their families.
- Our highly trained psychologists help people resolve personal issues that may be affecting employees job performance.
- Customized therapy and appropriate referrals.
- Pay only for services rendered.
Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP) pay for themselves
According to Hargrave et al (2008), employees report increasing their productivity by more than six hours per week after using their EAP services. They also reported that their concentration, energy levels, and work quality all increased. In addition they stated that their output, working relaionships, and time management all improved as well.
The assistance of a psychologist in the early stages of distress can prevent long-term disability. Psychologists can also speed the return of work for employees who have become sufficiently disabled to require time off work. The Hartford (2007) group found disability claims were 17 days shorter for companies with an EAP in comparison to businesses with no EAP.
- Hargrave, G. D. Haiatt, R. A., & Shaffer, I. (2008). “EAP treatment impact on presenteeism and absenteeism. Implications for return on investment.” Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health. 23(3):283-293.
- The Hartford group (2007). Healthier, More Productive Employees. A report on the real potential of Employee Assistance Programs (EAP). Hartford CT.
Compassionate Counselling was formerly A.G. Scott, Barros & Associates, which has been an EAP provider for over 40 years.